A Memory of Youth
|
青春的回憶
|
| The moments passed as at a play; |
那些時光,流逝如劇中場景; |
| I had the wisdom love brings forth; |
我有了愛情帶來的智慧; |
| I had my share of mother-wit, |
我有些天賦,然而, |
| And yet for all that I could say, |
無論我說些什么, |
| And though I had her praise for it, |
雖能得到她的贊許,卻擋不住 |
| A cloud blown from the cut-throat north Suddenly hid Love's moon away. |
一片從苦寒的北方飄來的云 突然隱去愛神的月亮。 |
| Believing every word I said, |
相信我的每一句話, |
| I praised her body and her mind |
我贊美她的肉身與靈魂, |
| Till pride had made her eyes grow bright, |
直到驕傲光耀了她的眼, |
| And pleasure made her cheeks grow red, |
直到幸福緋紅了她的頰, |
| And vanity her footfall light, |
直到虛榮輕盈了她的腳步, |
| Yet we, for all that praise, could find Nothing but darkness overhead. |
然而,雖有這樣的贊美,我們能找到的也只有頭頂?shù)年幒凇?/td>
|
| We sat as silent as a stone, |
我們靜坐如石, |
| We knew, though she'd not said a word, |
她雖無語,我們卻都明白 |
| That even the best of love must die, |
愛情的生命終會消殞, |
| And had been savagely undone |
會經(jīng)受無情的摧折。 |
| Were it not that Love upon the cry |
還好,終于有只滑稽的小鳥 |
| Of a most ridiculous little bird |
叫醒了愛神,他從云翳中 |
| Tore from the clouds his marvellous moon. |
扯出了他的明媚的月亮。 |